Please note below, the new requirements for RO/RO shipments sailing from New York. Keep these rules in mind to avoid shipments being delayed by the U.S. Customs.
1) All units with model year 2010, 2011, & 2012 will require an original, notarized Bill of Sale along with the original title.
2) The consignee information must have:
- A complete name
- A physical street address including building number
- P. O. Boxes will not be accepted and will be rejected
- City and Country with a valid Telephone Number
3) Paperwork requirements upon delivery of your cargo:
- Along with the 6 copies of the dock receipt - the original title plus five (5) copies - front and back - of the title are required.
- Do not make color copies of your titles
- If you are shipping a unit that is not for use on roadways, or that may not have a title i.e. boats, agricultural equipment (tracked or rubber tired) or crated cargo - Customs will still want to see an original, notarized Bill of Sale mentioning the seller, buyer and the amount paid for the unit(s), or crate(s)
4) If there is a "Lien Holder" shown on the title, and the unit is manufactured within the past ten (10) years, there must be a separate original, notaries "Lien Release Letter" (on the respective companies' letterhead) submitted along with the title. The Lien Release stamps on Titles will only be honored for units older than ten (10) years old.
5) Handwritten corrections on dock receipts are not permitted.